Calendar / Events
You've come to the right place if you are looking for events and activities. During these events we are taking lots of pictures for our Photo Albums. Check below for upcoming activities/events.
To see all scheduled activities and meetings, check our online calendar.
To reserve a room or have something posted on our online calendar, go to our Calendar page.
Blessings In 2017
*** Child care is provided on Thursday evenings from 6:30 - 9:00 p.m. at the church so that parents may participate in choir and other meetings happening there. ***
-----------------------The Congregations for Children (C4C) committee invites all to donate for Silverdale Elementary School and Swansboro High School. More...
Friday - Monday, January 20 - 23 ~ Youth Ski Trip. It's going to be an incredible experience! Contact: Pastor Angelo
Sunday, January 29, 5:00 - 6:30 p.m. ~ Souper Supper/Souper Bowl of Caring, sponsored by Family Ministries. Bring your favorite pot of soup to share. Come taste new soups and vote on your favorite. Who will win this year's "Prized" soup ladle? Donations will help support the Onslow Community Outreach Soup Kitchen. (Be resourceful by bringing your own bowl!) Location: Assembly Hall (Bldg 3)
Monday, January 30, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. ~ Faith and Fiction monthly book club begins. More...
Tuesday, January 31, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. ~ Mediation Workshop. Monthly sessions begin. More...
Saturday, Febuary 4, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. ~ Church Council workshop in the Assembly Hall. Coffee/light refreshments at 8:45am. This workshop was rescheduled from Jan. 7th due to icy weather.
Sunday, Febuary 5, 12:00 p.m. ~ Safe Sanctuary Training in the Assembly Hall
Spring 2017 ~ UMW Tea Among the Hymns
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. ~ Mission Monday/UMW Craft Days ~ Barnum House (by lower parking lot). Whether you’re creative or not, you can get involved in several projects to benefit Haiti or local charities. Contact Lynn Rouse for more information.
- 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. ~ Interested in knitting or crocheting for
others? Hand Made'ns Prayer Shawl Ministry at the
Barnum House. Meetings are short. Knitting or crocheting is done at your
convenience. Contact Sarah Austin (910.389.4660) or Jane True
- 12 Noon ~ UMM Peanut Cooking ~ Kitchen ~ Contact Mel Guss for the Schedule.
- 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. ~ Teen Community Bible Study at Swansboro First Baptist Church Family Life Center. For more info, contact Joanne School (910.389.8826) or Rachel Morton (910.326.5768) or crystalcoastteen.cbsclass.org.
- Every other Tuesday
- 1:30 p.m. ~ Men's golf group. Star Hill Golf Club. $35 for 18 holes or $25 for 9 holes. Seasonal activity
Contact Larry Philpott (910.322.4736).
- Second Tuesdays
- 1:00 p.m. ~ Help sort Second Sunday's Food collection, Room 38LL (under the sanctuary).
- Third Tuesdays
- Hand Made'ns
- 10:45 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. ~ Hope Mission trip to serve lunch to the homeless. Meet in Morehead City at 14th & Bridges. 3 volunteers needed each trip. Contact: Linda Biddy at 910.325.7770. SUMC also serves whenever there is a 5th Tuesday in the month - Dec 2015 and Mar, May, Aug, & Nov 2016.
- UMM Fellowship meetings ~ 6:30 pm ~ Third Wednesday of Every Month.
- Second Wednesdays ~ UMW Circle Meetings ~ Details are on our UMW page.
- Lord's Ladies Lunch
- UMKids - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. during school year
- Confirmation Class - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. during school year
- UMYF (Junior & Senior) - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- 2nd Sundays ~ before and after each worship service ~ Food Collection
Visit our Church and Society page for MANNA details.
- 2nd Sundays ~ UMW Mary Weeks (Creekside) Circle meets at 7 p.m.
- September 11 - Nov 20, 2016, 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. ~ Man Up! Small group study with Cheryl Epperson. Room 33, under Sanctuary. Contact: Merle Epperson, 910-326-4822 Ext320 or firstname.lastname@example.org