Calendar / Events
come to the right place if you are looking for events and activities. Check below for upcoming activities/events.
Blessings In 2017
*** Child care is provided on Thursday evenings from 6:30 - 9:00 p.m. at the church so that parents may participate in choir and other meetings happening there. ***
Sunday, August 20, 5:30 p.m. ~ Thank You Dinner for all folks who have served as an usher or greeter in the past and for all who want to serve as an usher, greeter or guide in the future. Following the dinner, we will revisit responsibilities for different roles and take a tour of the church. Dinner location: Assembly Hall, Bldg 3. Please RSVP to Anne in the church office at 910-326-4822.
Sunday, August 27:
- 9:45 a.m. ~ Promotion Sunday for Children & Youth. If your child is moving into the following grades, they will be going to a new Sunday School class on August 27th: Kindergarten, 2nd, 4th, 6th & 9th grades.
- 12:00 p.m. ~ Youth Missions Luncheon in the Assembly Hall, Bldg 3. All are welcome to attend! Donations for luncheon provisions are also welcome. You may place a donation in the offering plate (mark an envelope to indicate that it’s for the lunch), or you may stop by the church office during the week! This is a fundraiser for Youth Missions. Please RSVP to Anne in the church office by Thursday, August 24th in order for us to get a head count.
- 6:00 p.m. ~ Sunday School Teachers/Youth Leaders Meeting in Bldg 2, Rm LL33. If you teach middle or high school Sunday School or involved in Sunday Night Youth Activities, please try to attend.
Monday, August 28, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. ~ Faith & Fiction discussion group on "The Diving Bell & the Butterfly" by Jean-Dominique Bauby. Discussion guide is available from Jim Brewster (email@example.com). Location: Library (Rm 25, Bldg 1)
Tuesday, August 29, 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. ~ Teen Community Bible Study at Swansboro First Baptist Family Life Center. More info available at CrystalCoastTeen.CBSClass.org.
Monday, September 3 ~ Deadline for submissions to SUMW Community Calendar. More info and forms here.
Sunday, September 10, 11:15 a.m. ~ New contemporary worship service starts!
Sunday, September 10, 2:00 - 3:30 p.m. ~ Artists Afternoon with Second Sundays will begin. All interested in sketching, painting and/or photography meet at SUMC’s Bldg 1 parking lot to proceed via bus or car to a local scene. Bring your own supplies, snacks, etc. to share. No critiquing allowed, just enjoying an afternoon of sharing God’s gifts with each other. Please call Jim Brewster at 910-478-9727 if you have questions.
Saturday, September 30, 9:00 a.m. - noon ~ Wisdom of Women event in the Assembly Hall. More info to come.
September 10 - November 5 ~ Financial Peace University: The smarter way to manage your money! More details to follow on this course scheduled for 9 weeks, Sundays 4:30 - 6:00 p.m.
Friday - Sunday, September 15-17 ~ Mother-Child Retreat. Visit our UMW page for details.
- 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Mission Monday/UMW Craft Days ~ Barnum House (by lower parking lot). Whether you’re creative or not, you can get involved in several projects to benefit Haiti or local charities. Contact Lynn Rouse for more information.
- 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - Interested in knitting or crocheting for others? Hand Made'ns Prayer Shawl Ministry at the Barnum House. Meetings are short. Knitting or crocheting is done at your convenience. Contact Sarah Austin (910.389.4660) or Jane True (910.325.6365).
- 12 Noon - UMM Peanut Cooking - Bldg 1, lower level Kitchen - Click here for schedule. Contact: Mel Guss.
- 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. - Beading Sisters: Girls and ladies (middle school age to adult) meet at the SUMC Barnum House to make bracelets for mission projects. Active during school year only. Contact Lynn Rouse (910.358.3572) or Susan Fulp (252.422.8900).
- 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. - Teen Community Bible Study at Swansboro First Baptist Church Family Life Center. For more info, contact Joanne School (910.389.8826) or Charlton Burns (252.675.9550) or crystalcoastteen.cbsclass.org.
- Every other Tuesday
- 1:30 p.m. - Men's golf group. Star Hill Golf Club. $35 for 18 holes or $25 for 9 holes. Seasonal activity.
Contact Larry Philpott (910.322.4736) or Golf@SwansboroUMC.org.
- Second Tuesdays
- 1:00 p.m. - Help sort Second Sunday's Food collection, Room 38LL (under the sanctuary).
- Third Tuesdays
- Second Wednesdays - UMW Circle Meetings ~ Details are on our UMW page.
- Third Wednesdays - 6:30 p.m. - UMM Fellowship meetings. Location: Bldg 1, Room 13 (lower level Education Bldg)
7:30 p.m. - Chancel Choir. Building 1, Room 21 (Music Room)
- Noon - UMM Informal Lunch Gatherings. Email Peanuts@SwansboroUMC.org or call 910.326.7997 for the weekly location.
- Lord's Ladies Lunch
- UMKids - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. during school year
- Confirmation Class - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. during school year
- UMYF (Junior & Senior) - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- 2nd Sundays - before and after each worship service ~ Food Collection
Visit our Church and Society page for MANNA details.
- 2nd Sundays - UMW Mary Weeks (Creekside) Circle meets at 7 p.m.