Calendar / Events
come to the right place if you are looking for events and activities. Check below for upcoming activities/events.
Blessings In 2017
*** Child care is provided on Thursday evenings from 6:30 - 9:00 p.m. at the church so that parents may participate in choir and other meetings happening there. ***
Sunday, October 22, 9:30 -11:00 a.m. & 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. ~ It's time for our annual UMW Frozen Food Sale. The proceeds will be used for local mission projects. The food will be supplied by our UMW ladies - so, you know it'll be yummy! Stock up for the holidays. If you are not a UMW member but would like to contribute a dish or more to this worthy cause, please call Bobbi Edge at 910.326.5548. Come early - the food goes fast! Location: Fellowship Hall, Bldg 1 upper level.
Tuesday, October 24 & 31, 9:30 - 10:30 a.m. ~ Prayerful Gentle Yoga Series. No prior yoga experience necessary. The Series will offer sacred space to still the mind, move the body and renew the spirit! Pre-registration forms are required and located on the Welcome Center tables and in the church office. Class size: 25. Location: Fellowship Hall (Bldg 1, upper level) For more info, contact Debbie Peel, 200 RYT (in training) at email@example.com.
Tuesday, October 24 ~
- 6:00 p.m. - Monthly Prayer Service (repeats every 4th Tuesday) in the Sanctuary
- 6:30 p.m. - Special Meditation Workshop to highlight personal and home altars. All are invited. Bring ideas and/or objects you might use in your own worship center. What makes an altar will be discussed and "cigar box" altars will be considered. Location: Rm 37LL, Bldg 2.
Wednesday, October 25, 6:50 p.m. ~ All are invited to the UMW General Meeting to hear Project Armenia speaker, Rev. Fletcher. The focus will be Project AGAPE. Light refreshments and program to follow short business/devotion time. Location: Fellowship Hall, Bldg 1.
Thursday, October 26, 6:30 p.m. ~ New Bible Study focusing on Prayer. Location: Library, Bldg 1.
Friday & Saturday, October 27 - 28 ~ NC Missions of Mercy Free Adult Dental Clinic at the Epiphany School of Global Studies, 2301 Trent Rd., New Bern. Volunteers are need at 6:00 a.m. Please consider donating your time and services to this great cause. Register at www.ncdental.org. For more info, contact: Dr. Luther Hutchens (252.725.4298 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Saturday, October 28, 8:30 - noon ~ New Members Class in Library, Bldg. 1. Please register for the class by contacting Anne in the church office (910.326.4822 or email@example.com)
Sunday, October 29, 4:30 - 6:00 p.m. ~ Fall Festival - Trunk or Treat. Family Fun! Trunk or Treat with games, and hot dogs. Calling all trunks, hatchbacks & truck beds! We are in search of creative & fun ways to distribute candy & prizes from the church parking lot! Try making a fun game out of your vehicle or by just using the empty parking space. Set up time is 3:30-4:15 with judging for creativity from 4:15-4:30. Trunk or Treating from 4:30-6:00. For more info, contact Chris Wilson, 910.358.3972 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, we are looking for a trailer to use as a hayride trailer. Please contact Chris or Susan Fulp at 252.422.8900.
Friday, November 3, 6:25 - 8:00 p.m. ~ Women's Harvest Dinner in the Assembly Hall (Bldg 3). Greek dinner catered by Santorini - Salad, chicken kabob, gyro, green beans, rice, pita and homemade desserts. Entertainment. Tickets are $10 and available from the church office or any UMW Circle Leader. Proceeds benefit local abused women's shelters. Limited seating.
Saturday, November 4 - Rise Against Hunger meal packing event. More details to come. We plan to package over 40,000 meals and will need a great turnout from our congregation to accomplish this. Contact: Jimmie Bean (email@example.com or via text to 910.526.3499)
Wednesday, November 8, 6:30 p.m. ~ Minnie Jones Circle meeting downstairs in the purple room in Bldg 3. Open to ALL members of the community, especially younger women looking for a small group to join. Childcare provided. Contact: Jennifer Faasii-Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org or 252.278.4525.)
Friday - Sunday, November 10 - 12 ~ Pilgrimage 2017 in Fayetteville, NC! It is a great gathering of youth and adults across the state to praise our God and listen to gifted speakers. Please complete the Commitment Form asap if you want to go. The deadline for commitment is Sunday, Oct. 22. Questions? contact: Pastor Andrew (FamilyMinistries@SwansboroUMC.org)
Saturday, November 11, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. ~ Understanding Other Faiths Field Trip. Leave SUMC on our bus at 8 am. No cost, but buy your own lunch at a local restaurant. Open to all from Senior High to Adults. For reservations, contact Jim Brewster (910.478.9727 or email@example.com) This program sponsored by our Church & Society committee. (Please note the date was changed from Nov 4 to Nov 11.)
Monday, November 13 ~ Cards and drawings for Operation Gratitude are due.
Thursday - Sunday, January 25 - 28, 2018 ~ Youth Ski trip. More info to come. Contact: Pastor Andrew
- 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Mission Monday/UMW Craft Days ~ Barnum House (by lower parking lot). Whether you’re creative or not, you can get involved in several projects to benefit Haiti or local charities. Contact Lynn Rouse for more information.
- 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - Interested in knitting or crocheting for others? Hand Made'ns Prayer Shawl Ministry at the Barnum House. Meetings are short. Knitting or crocheting is done at your convenience. Contact Sarah Austin (910.389.4660) or Jane True (910.325.6365).
- 12 Noon - UMM Peanut Cooking - Bldg 1, lower level Kitchen - Click here for schedule. Contact: Mel Guss.
- 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. - Teen Community Bible Study at Swansboro First Baptist Church Family Life Center. For more info, contact Joanne School (910.389.8826) or Charlton Burns (252.675.9550) or crystalcoastteen.cbsclass.org.
- Every other Tuesday
- 1:30 p.m. - Men's golf group. Star Hill Golf Club. $35 for 18 holes or $25 for 9 holes. Seasonal activity.
Contact Larry Philpott (910.322.4736) or Golf@SwansboroUMC.org.
- Second Tuesdays
- 1:00 p.m. - Help sort Second Sunday's Food collection, Room 38LL, Bldg 2 (under the sanctuary).
- Third Tuesdays
- 10:00 a.m. - Hand Made'ns Prayer Shawl Ministry - Crochet/knit shawls with love & prayers of healing September - March. Contact Sarah Austin (910.389.4660) or Jane True (910.325.6365). Location: Barnum House (Bldg 4)
- 10:45 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Hope Mission trip to serve lunch to the homeless. Meet in Morehead City at 14th & Bridges. 3 volunteers needed each trip. Contact: Linda Biddy at 910.325.7770. SUMC also serves whenever there is a 5th Tuesday in the month - Jan, May, Aug, & Oct 2017.
- Fourth Tuesdays
- 6:00 p.m. - Monthly Prayer Service in the Sanctuary
- 6:00 p.m. - Monthly Prayer Service in the Sanctuary
- Second Wednesdays - UMW Circle Meetings ~ Details are on our UMW page.
- Third Wednesdays - 6:30 p.m. - UMM Fellowship meetings. Location: Bldg 1, Room 13 (lower level Education Bldg)
- 7:30 - 8:30 a.m. - UMM Bible Study on the Book of Revelations (Start date: Oct. 19) Contacts: John Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Bill Smith (email@example.com) Location: Bldg 1 Rm 13 (Enter from lower level)
7:30 p.m. - Chancel Choir. Building 1, Room 21 (Music Room)
- Noon - UMM Informal Lunch Gatherings. Email Peanuts@SwansboroUMC.org or call 910.326.7997 for the weekly location.
- Lord's Ladies Lunch
- UMKids - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. during school year
- Confirmation Class - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. during school year
- UMYF (Junior & Senior) - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- 2nd Sundays - before and after each worship service ~ Food Collection
Visit our Church and Society page for MANNA details.
- 2nd Sundays - UMW Mary Weeks (Creekside) Circle meets at 7 p.m.