Calendar / News / Events
Calendar - Newsletters
You've come to the right place if you are looking for events and activities. During these events we are taking lots of pictures for our Photo Albums. Check below for upcoming activities/events and our Newsletters page for online copies of The Messenger.
To see all scheduled activities and meetings, check our online calendar.
To reserve a room or have something posted on our online calendar, go to our Calendar page.
Growth Groups start in September - Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays - see the Growth Groups page for details.
Thursday, September 18, 10:00 - 11:30 a.m.
~ Growth Group
with Yana Frantz.
Saturday, September 27, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
~ 5K for Kids and Family Fun Day!
This event is for everyone. All proceeds will go to the Methodist Home for Children
. Click HERE
for additional information and registration form.
Sunday, September 28
~ Monthly Church Social at Earl and Yana's following the services until 3 pm. All are invited! Bring your appetite - all food and drink is provided. Pool will be open if weather permits (bring your swimming trunks). Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or txt to 760.978-7404 by September 26. Location 411 Parkertown Rd.
Sunday, October 5,
Sunday, October 26
- World Communion Sunday ~ Click HERE for details.
- 2:00 - 6:00 p.m. ~ Field Trip to Croatan Forest for "East of Eden" - Blessings and Challenges Tuesday classes.
- 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. ~ Missions, The Refuge ~ Harvest 2014. Gates open at 3:15 p.m.
, 9:30 - 11 a.m. & 12 Noon - 1 p.m. (or
until all the food is gone) ~ Frozen Food Sale ~ Hallway Outside Fellowship
Hall ~ This sale is sponsored by the
“Do-It” Committee of our United Methodist Women. The proceeds will be used for
local mission projects. The food will be supplied by our church ladies so you know
it will be delicious!Sunday, November 9
Women Together Veterans' Recognition / Wounded Warriors event. Visit later for more details.Friday - Sunday, November 14-16
~ Journey To Tolerance ~ Go to our Church & Society web page
for details.Wednesday, November 19, 6:30 p.m
. - UMW
Combined dinner meeting and installation ceremony - Fellowship Hall.
Saturday, December 6
Women Together Advent Event - Christmas Countdown. Visit later for more details.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. ~ Mission Monday/UMW Craft Days ~ Barnum House (by lower parking lot). Whether you’re creative or not, you can get involved in several projects to benefit Haiti or local charities. Contact Lisa Potts, Lynn Rouse or Rosemary Whaley for more information.
- 12 Noon ~ UMM Peanut Cooking ~ Kitchen ~ Varied Schedule
- 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. ~ Teen Community Bible Study at Swansboro First Baptist Church.
- Every other Tuesday
- 1:30 p.m. ~ Men's golf group begins season. Star Hill Golf Club. $35 for 18 holes or $25 for 9 holes. Contact: Tim Whaley (email@example.com or 252.354.3991)
- Second Tuesdays
- 1:00 p.m. ~ Help sort Second Sunday's Food collection, Room 38LL (under the sanctuary)
- Third Tuesdays
- 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. ~ Hope Mission trip to serve lunch to the homeless. Meet in Morehead City at 14th & Bridges. 5 volunteers needed each trip. Contact: Maryann at 609.685.1993
- 6:45 a.m. ~ UMM Bible Study ~ Room LL33
- UMM Fellowship meetings ~ Schedule
- Second Wednesdays ~ UMW Circle Meetings ~ Details on our UMW page.
- Lord's Ladies Lunch
- UMKids - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. (restarts Sep. 14)
- Confirmation Class - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. (restarts Sep 14)
- UMYF (Junior & Senior) - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. (restarts Sep 14)
- 1st Sundays - 10:00
a.m. New Members Class: Orientation class on the first Sunday of each
month for those who desire to be received into membership in
our Church family. The class will share information about opportunities
for involvement in the Church, major United Methodist beliefs, and help
new members to become connected to the life of the Church through their
time, presence, gifts and service.
- 2nd Sundays ~ before and after each worship service ~ Food Collection
Visit our Church and Society page for MANNA details.
- 2nd Sundays ~ UMW Mary Weeks/Creekside Woods Circle meets at 7 p.m.