Calendar / News / Events
Calendar - Newsletters
You've come to the right place if you are looking for events and activities. During these events we are taking lots of pictures for our Photo Albums. Check below for upcoming activities/events and our Newsletters page for online copies of The Messenger.
To see all scheduled activities and meetings, check our online calendar.
To reserve a room or have something posted on our online calendar, go to our Calendar page.
Blessings In 2015
SUNDAY, AUG 9TH ~ First Sunday in new Ministry Center building. All 3 services to be held in new building.
Sunday, August 23, 11:00 a.m. & 12 noon ~ Informational meetings about the Lake Junaluska Peace Conference: "Longing for Peace - Exploring the Heart of God” scheduled for November 12 - 15. Room LL31 (under the sanctuary) For questions and sign up, contact Dave Wilmoth (910.382.8117)
Sunday - September 13 ~ Official Welcome dinner for Rev. Scott & Amy Dodson. More info to come!
Sunday, October 4 ~ World Communion Sunday - The fifth of six 2015 UMC Special Offerings
November 12 - 15 ~ “Longing for Peace - Exploring the Heart of God” presented by Christian, Jewish and Muslim leaders, at Lake Junaluska Peace Conference. This timely training event is special this year. SUMC will share our “Journey to Tolerance” as a model for interfaith understanding. SUMC mission (Yard Sale) funds take care of registration/transportation and room/board by each participant. Information: Jim Brewster 910.478.9727.
Sunday, November 30 ~ United Methodist Student Day - The sixth of six 2015 UMC Special Offerings
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. ~ Mission Monday/UMW Craft Days ~ Barnum House (by lower parking lot). Whether you’re creative or not, you can get involved in several projects to benefit Haiti or local charities. Contact Lisa Potts, Lynn Rouse or Rosemary Whaley for more information.
- 12 Noon ~ UMM Peanut Cooking ~ Kitchen ~ Varied Schedule
- 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. ~ Teen Community Bible Study at Swansboro First Baptist Church.
- Every other Tuesday
- 1:30 p.m. ~ Men's golf group begins season. Star Hill Golf Club. $35 for 18 holes or $25 for 9 holes. Contact: Tim Whaley (firstname.lastname@example.org or 252.354.3991) - Seasonal activity
- Second Tuesdays
- 1:00 p.m. ~ Help sort Second Sunday's Food collection, Room 38LL (under the sanctuary)
- Third Tuesdays
- Hand Made'ns
- 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. ~ Hope Mission trip to serve lunch to the homeless. Meet in Morehead City at 14th & Bridges. 5 volunteers needed each trip. Contact: Maryann at 609.685.1993
- 6:45 a.m. ~ UMM Bible Study ~ Room LL33 (suspended during summer)
- UMM Fellowship meetings ~ Schedule
- Second Wednesdays ~ UMW Circle Meetings ~ Details are on our UMW page.
- Lord's Ladies Lunch
- UMKids - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. during school year
- Confirmation Class - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. during school year
- UMYF (Junior & Senior) - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- 2nd Sundays ~ before and after each worship service ~ Food Collection
Visit our Church and Society page for MANNA details.
- 2nd Sundays ~ UMW Mary Weeks/Lula Hatsell (also known as Creekside Woods) Circle meets at 7 p.m.