Calendar / News / Events
Calendar - Newsletters
You've come to the right place if you are looking for events and activities. During these events we are taking lots of pictures for our Photo Album. Check below for upcoming activities/events and our Newsletters page for online copies of The Messenger.
To see all scheduled activities and meetings, check our online calendar.
To reserve a room or have something posted on our online calendar, go to our Calendar page.
Sunday, June 2 ~ VBS volunteers meet to get a sneak peek at the FUN coming our way at SUMC. Contact Susan Fulp (252.393.7805 or email@example.com) to see how you can be a part of "VBS Everywhere Fun Fair, Where God's World Comes Together."
Sunday, June 9 ~ Deadline for ordering carnations for Father's Day
Sunday, June 16 ~ ASP team heads off for a week of mission work in the NC mountains
Sunday, June 30, 10:00 am ~ One worship service with guest speaker, Rev. Linda Taylor, Sound District Superintendent, and special music from each of the 3 services. Groundbreaking ceremony for new Family Life & Ministry Center and a reception follows the worship service.
Monday - Friday, July 8-11, 5:00 - 8:00 pm ~ Vacation Bible School: God's "Fun Fair". Click here for Registration form
Friday - Sunday, July 12-14 ~ UMM National Gathering ~ Belmont University ~ Nashville, TN
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. ~ Mission Monday/UMW Craft Days ~ Barnum House (by lower parking lot). Whether you’re creative or not, you can get involved in several projects to benefit Haiti or local charities. Contact Lisa Potts, Lynn Rouse or Rosemary Whaley for more information.
- 12 Noon ~ UMM Peanut Cooking ~ Kitchen ~ Varied Schedule
Tuesdays ~ Third Tuesdays ~ Handmade'ns
Saturdays ~ UMM Fellowship meetings ~ (sometimes Wednesdays; sometimes Saturdays) 2013 Schedule
- Lord's Ladies Lunch
- Celebration - 4:00 p.m. Choir Room
- UMKids - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- UMYF (Junior & Senior) - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Disciple Bible study - 4:30 - 6:30pm (9 sessions - January 20 - March 17), LL 38
- 1st Sundays - 10:00
a.m. New Members Class: Orientation class on the first Sunday of each
month for those who desire to be received into membership in
our Church family. The class will share information about opportunities
for involvement in the Church, major United Methodist beliefs, and help
new members to become connected to the life of the Church through their
time, presence, gifts and service.
- 2nd Sundays ~ before and after each worship service ~ Food Collection
Visit our Church and Society page for MANNA details.