Calendar / Events
come to the right place if you are looking for events and activities. Check below for upcoming activities/events.
Blessings In 2017
*** Child care is provided on Thursday evenings from 6:30 - 9:00 p.m. at the church so that parents may participate in choir and other meetings happening there. ***
Saturday, March 25, 10 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. ~ UMW Mission Study at St. James UMC, 2000 E 6th St, Greenville NC 27858. Program: The Bible and Human Sexuality. Bring a lunch.
Saturday, March 25, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. ~ Boy Scout / ASP Annual Fish Fry - Proceeds will be used to send the 56 ASP team members to Kentucky this year to help make homes for families in need warmer, safer and drier. Fish plates are $8. Tickets may be purchased ahead of time from Lance Tucker or jay Ahlquist. Contact Lance at 910.389.4068 for more info.
Sunday, March 26 ~ UMCOR Sunday (formerly One Great Hour of Sharing) Your GIFT... Helps a Child Smile, a Family Recover and a Community Rebuild After Disaster Strikes.
Wednesday, March 29, noon ~ Lenten worship service followed by a light lunch. Speaker: Rev. Allen Bingham
Saturday, April 1 ~
- 5K Run to benefit the Methodist Children's Home. More info and registration form.
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt and more -10 a.m.
- UMW Mission Study ~ 10 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. ~ Oriental UMC, 404 Freemason St, Oriental NC 28571. Program: Climate Justice. Bring a lunch.
Wednesday, April 5, noon ~ Lenten worship service followed by a light lunch. Speaker: Rev. Adam Baker
Sunday, April 9, 8:30 & 11:00 a.m. ~ Cantata with our Chancel Choir - Sanctuary
Thursday, April 13, 7:00 p.m. ~ Maundy Thursday Service with Communion
Friday, April 14, 7:00 p.m. ~ Good Friday/Tenebrae Service
Sunday, April 16 ~ Easter Sunday
- 6:15 a.m. ~ Easter Sunrise Service at Swansboro's Bicentennial Park followed by breakfast by our UMM for all in the Assembly Hall (Bldg 3)
- 8:30 a.m. ~ Blended worship service
- 9:45 a.m. ~ Contemporary worship
- 11:00 a.m. ~ Traditional worship
Monday-Thursday, July 10-13, 5 - 8 p.m. ~ POWER UP with us at Vacation Bible School! At Hero Central, all participants, kids and adults, will encounter epic adventures alsongside biblical heroes. Together we will all realize qualities that make us truly heroes in God! SUPER Volunteers are needed. Contact Susan Fulp at email@example.com or 252.393.7805 to see how YOU can be a part of VBS 2017!
Thursday-Saturday, July 27-29 ~ Mission U ~ Methodist University, Fayetteville NC. Visit our UMW page for more details.
Friday - Sunday, September 15-17 ~ Mother-Child Retreat. Visit our UMW page for details.
- 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Mission Monday/UMW Craft Days ~ Barnum House (by lower parking lot). Whether you’re creative or not, you can get involved in several projects to benefit Haiti or local charities. Contact Lynn Rouse for more information.
- 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - Interested in knitting or crocheting for others? Hand Made'ns Prayer Shawl Ministry at the Barnum House. Meetings are short. Knitting or crocheting is done at your convenience. Contact Sarah Austin (910.389.4660) or Jane True (910.325.6365).
- 12 Noon - UMM Peanut Cooking - Bldg 1, lower level Kitchen - Click here for schedule. Contact: Mel Guss.
- 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. - Beading Sisters: Girls and ladies (middle school age to adult) meet at the SUMC Barnum House to make bracelets for mission projects. Contact Lynn Rouse (910.358.3572) or Susan Fulp (252.422.8900).
- 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. - Teen Community Bible Study at Swansboro First Baptist Church Family Life Center. For more info, contact Joanne School (910.389.8826) or Rachel Morton (910.326.5768) or crystalcoastteen.cbsclass.org.
- Every other Tuesday
- 1:30 p.m. - Men's golf group. Star Hill Golf Club. $35 for 18 holes or $25 for 9 holes. Seasonal activity
Contact Larry Philpott (910.322.4736).
- Second Tuesdays
- 1:00 p.m. - Help sort Second Sunday's Food collection, Room 38LL (under the sanctuary).
- Third Tuesdays
- 7:30-8:30 a.m. - Men's Bible Study: "How to Study the Bible" began January 18. Location: Bldg 1, Room 13 (enter from the lower parking lot). The curriculum is 6-8 weeks. Contact: Doug Johndrow (252.646.4824). Bring a Friend.
- Second Wednesdays - UMW Circle Meetings ~ Details are on our UMW page.
- Third Wednesdays - 6:30 p.m. - UMM Fellowship meetings. Location: Bldg 1, Room 13 (lower level Education Bldg)
7:30 p.m. - Chancel Choir. Building 1, Room 21 (Music Room)
- Noon - UMM Informal Lunch Gatherings. Email Peanuts@SwansboroUMC.org or call 910.326.7997 for the weekly location.
- 7:30 - 8:30 a.m., February 4 - April 22, 2017 - UMM host a 12 week Bible Study 'Men of Action’. Location: Bldg 1, Room 13 (use lower level parking lot entrance.) More...
- Lord's Ladies Lunch
- UMKids - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. during school year
- Confirmation Class - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. during school year
- UMYF (Junior & Senior) - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- 2nd Sundays - before and after each worship service ~ Food Collection
Visit our Church and Society page for MANNA details.
- 2nd Sundays - UMW Mary Weeks (Creekside) Circle meets at 7 p.m.