Calendar / News / Events
Calendar - Newsletters
You've come to the right place if you are looking for events and activities. During these events we are taking lots of pictures for our Photo Albums. Check below for upcoming activities/events and our Newsletters page for online copies of The Messenger.
To see all scheduled activities and meetings, check our online calendar.
To reserve a room or have something posted on our online calendar, go to our Calendar page.
Gifts of Grace Marketplace will be open in the Barnum House Dec. 9, 14, 15, 16 & 22
Click here for details!
Saturday, December 14:
Afternoon ~ Christmas in the Country at Camp Don Lee. $15/adult and $8.50 for children (up to 11 yrs old). Activities include a buffet lunch and activities around the camp (canoeing, archery, crafts, etc.), and an outdoor worship service. All are invited -- children, youth, parents, other adults. Please sign up and pay Laura Thompson by Dec. 1. Sponsored by Family Ministries.
7:30 p.m. ~ Community Choir: Crystal Coast Choral Society presents Christmas for Voice and Brass in the SUMC Sanctuary. Admission is free (donations cheerfully requested and accepted.)
Sunday, December 15:
11:00 a.m. ~ 3rd Sunday of Advent, Angel Choir & UMKids
7:00 p.m. ~ Moravian Lovefeast
Tuesday, December 17, 5:30 p.m. ~ Lord's Ladies Christmas Party. The meal is Dutch treat. A $5 gift exchange will be held and gag gifts are welcome. A monetary gift will be collected to help our missionary, Linda Mitchell, and her project in Haiti. Contact Linda Mack at 252.393.6650 by Sunday, Dec. 15th to make reservations.
Wednesday, December 18, 12 noon ~ Advent Luncheon, Dr. Ed Gunter, Music
Thursday, December 19, 7:00 p.m. ~ Contemporary Worship Candlelight Service. Click here for details.
Sunday, December 22 ~
8:30 & 11:00 a.m. ~ Handbell Choir
6:30 p.m. ~ MYF Christmas Party
Tuesday, December 24, Christmas Eve:
3:30 p.m. ~ Spontaneous Children's Christmas PageantWednesday, December 25
5:00 p.m. ~ Candlelight Service - Lessons & Carols
7:00 p.m. ~ Candlelight Communion Service
~ Christmas DaySunday, December 29, 10:00 a.m.
~ One worship service - John Wesley Covenant Service
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. ~ Mission Monday/UMW Craft Days ~ Barnum House (by lower parking lot). Whether you’re creative or not, you can get involved in several projects to benefit Haiti or local charities. Contact Lisa Potts, Lynn Rouse or Rosemary Whaley for more information.
- 12 Noon ~ UMM Peanut Cooking ~ Kitchen ~ Varied Schedule
Tuesdays ~ Third Tuesdays
- 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. ~ Hope Mission trip to serve lunch to the homeless. Meet in Morehead City at 14th & Bridges. 5 volunteers needed each trip. Contact: Maryann at 609.685.1993
Saturdays ~ UMM Fellowship meetings ~ (sometimes Wednesdays; sometimes Saturdays) 2013 Schedule
- Lord's Ladies Lunch
- Celebration - 4:00 p.m. Choir Room
- UMKids - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Confirmation Class - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- UMYF (Junior & Senior) - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- 1st Sundays - 10:00
a.m. New Members Class: Orientation class on the first Sunday of each
month for those who desire to be received into membership in
our Church family. The class will share information about opportunities
for involvement in the Church, major United Methodist beliefs, and help
new members to become connected to the life of the Church through their
time, presence, gifts and service.
- 2nd Sundays ~ before and after each worship service ~ Food Collection
Visit our Church and Society page for MANNA details.