Calendar / News / Events
Calendar - Newsletters
You've come to the right place if you are looking for events and activities. During these events we are taking lots of pictures for our Photo Albums. Check below for upcoming activities/events and our Newsletters page for online copies of The Messenger.
To see all scheduled activities and meetings, check our online calendar.
To reserve a room or have something posted on our online calendar, go to our Calendar page.
Blessings In The New Year - 2015
Saturday, March 28, 10:00 - 11:30 am ~ SUMC Annual Easter Egg Hunt
Sunday, March 29:
- 8:30 & 11:00 am ~ Easter Cantata: "In My Place" by Craig Courtney. Director: Merle Epperson, Organist/Pianist: Michael Taylor, Soloists: Roger Fulp & Carol Scull, Instrumental music: Tallis String Ensemble
- 4:30 - 6 pm ~ Eye-opening, Faith Confirming Experiences. Come join Church and Society, Ashley Hypes, and Andy Bean as they share experiences from their Journey to Tolerance trip and Global Vision 2015.
Thursday, April 2, 7:00 pm ~ Holy Thursday Service with Communion
Friday, April 3, 7:00 pm ~ Good Friday Service
Sunday, April 5, 6:45 am ~ Sunrise Service at Swansboro's Bicentennial Park followed by breakfast served by UMM on church campus. (Our regular 8:30, 9:45 and 11:00 am services will also be held.)
Sunday, April 12 - Second Sunday Food Collection
April 25, 7:30 - 11:00 am ~ Church-wide Yard Sale
Sunday, April 19 ~ Native American Ministries Sunday - The third of six 2015 UMC Special Offerings
Sunday, May 31 ~ Peace with Justice Sunday - The fourth of six 2015 UMC Special Offerings
Monday - Thursday, July 20 - 23 ~ Vacation Bible School
Sunday, October 4 ~ World Communion Sunday - The fifth of six 2015 UMC Special Offerings
Sunday, November 30 ~ United Methodist Student Day - The sixth of six 2015 UMC Special Offerings
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. ~ Mission Monday/UMW Craft Days ~ Barnum House (by lower parking lot). Whether you’re creative or not, you can get involved in several projects to benefit Haiti or local charities. Contact Lisa Potts, Lynn Rouse or Rosemary Whaley for more information.
- 12 Noon ~ UMM Peanut Cooking ~ Kitchen ~ Varied Schedule
- 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. ~ Teen Community Bible Study at Swansboro First Baptist Church.
- Every other Tuesday
- 1:30 p.m. ~ Men's golf group begins season. Star Hill Golf Club. $35 for 18 holes or $25 for 9 holes. Contact: Tim Whaley (email@example.com or 252.354.3991) - Seasonal activity
- Second Tuesdays
- 1:00 p.m. ~ Help sort Second Sunday's Food collection, Room 38LL (under the sanctuary)
- Third Tuesdays
- Hand Made'ns
- 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. ~ Hope Mission trip to serve lunch to the homeless. Meet in Morehead City at 14th & Bridges. 5 volunteers needed each trip. Contact: Maryann at 609.685.1993
- 6:45 a.m. ~ UMM Bible Study ~ Room LL33
- UMM Fellowship meetings ~ Schedule
- Second Wednesdays ~ UMW Circle Meetings ~ Details are on our UMW page.
- Lord's Ladies Lunch
- UMKids - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Confirmation Class - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- UMYF (Junior & Senior) - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- 2nd Sundays ~ before and after each worship service ~ Food Collection
Visit our Church and Society page for MANNA details.
- 2nd Sundays ~ UMW Mary Weeks/Lula Hatsell (also known as Creekside Woods) Circle meets at 7 p.m.