Calendar / Events
come to the right place if you are looking for events and activities. Check below for upcoming activities/events.
Blessings In 2017
*** Child care is provided on Thursday evenings from 6:30 - 9:00 p.m. at the church so that parents may participate in choir and other meetings happening there. ***
Sunday, February 19, noon ~ Cub Scouts Chili Fundraiser in the Assembly Hall (Building 3). Various kinds of homemade chili with fixin's, as well as drinks, will be provided. Donations are very much appreciated. Please come support our scouts! If you have questions and/or any children who would like to get involved in Scouting, contact our scouting coordinator, Terry Proper, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 910.340.4155.
Monday, February 20 ~ Church Office closed for Presidents' Day
Wednesday, February 22, 7 p.m. ~ UMW General Meeting ~ Program: A Call to Prayer and Self Denial. Guest Speaker - Haiti Missionary, Linda Mitchell. Location: Fellowship Hall, Bldg 1
Tuesday, February 28, 6:00 p.m. ~ Pancake Supper! The youth will be hosting a pancake supper in the Assembly Hall (Building 3) as a fundraiser to support SUMC Youth Ministries. Please plan to come and bring your family to support our youth while enjoying breakfast for dinner!
Saturday, March 4, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. ~ All area high schoolers are invited to shop for a budget-friendly prom outfit in Building 2, Rooms 31 and 33 (lower level of sanctuary building). Donations of gently used prom items are still being accepted. Contact: email@example.com or any Congregations for Children (C4C) volunteer.
Sunday, March 5, 4:30 p.m. ~ Interested in joining a Circle Group? The Minnie Jones Circle is holding an interest meeting in the Barnum House. The circle is open to all members of the community. We strive to be mom-friendly by holding meeting times around children’s schedules. If you are interested in more information, please attend the meeting or contact Jennifer Faasi-Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, March 22, 7 p.m. ~ UMW General Meeting ~ Program: Ubuntu: Afghanistan & Iraq. Guest forum discussion with women Marines and Sailors from Female Engagement Teams working with women and children in conflict areas. Location: Fellowship Hall, Bldg 1
Saturday, March 25 ~ UMW Mission Study ~ 10 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. ~ St. James UMC, 2000 E 6th St, Greenville NC 27858, Program: The Bible and Human Sexuality. Bring a lunch.
Saturday, April 1 ~
- 5K Run to benefit the Methodist Children's Home. More details to come.
- UMW Mission Study ~ 10 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. ~ Oriental UMC, 404 Freemason St, Oriental NC 28571. Program: Climate Justice. Bring a lunch.
Saturday, April 29 ~ UMW Annual Tea ~ Theme: Tea Among the Hymns. Bldg 3, Assembly Hall.
Thursday-Saturday, July 27-29 ~ Mission U ~ Methodist University, Fayetteville NC. Visit our UMW page for more details.
Friday - Sunday, September 15-17 ~ Mother-Child Retreat. Visit our UMW page for details.
- 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Mission Monday/UMW Craft Days ~ Barnum House (by lower parking lot). Whether you’re creative or not, you can get involved in several projects to benefit Haiti or local charities. Contact Lynn Rouse for more information.
- 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - Interested in knitting or crocheting for others? Hand Made'ns Prayer Shawl Ministry at the Barnum House. Meetings are short. Knitting or crocheting is done at your convenience. Contact Sarah Austin (910.389.4660) or Jane True (910.325.6365).
- 12 Noon - UMM Peanut Cooking - Bldg 1, lower level Kitchen - Click here for schedule. Contact: Mel Guss.
- 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. - Beading Sisters: Girls and ladies (middle school age to adult) meet at the SUMC Barnum House to make bracelets for mission projects. Contact Lynn Rouse (910.358.3572) or Susan Fulp (252.422.8900).
- 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. - Teen Community Bible Study at Swansboro First Baptist Church Family Life Center. For more info, contact Joanne School (910.389.8826) or Rachel Morton (910.326.5768) or crystalcoastteen.cbsclass.org.
- Every other Tuesday
- 1:30 p.m. - Men's golf group. Star Hill Golf Club. $35 for 18 holes or $25 for 9 holes. Seasonal activity
Contact Larry Philpott (910.322.4736).
- Second Tuesdays
- 1:00 p.m. - Help sort Second Sunday's Food collection, Room 38LL (under the sanctuary).
- Third Tuesdays
- 7:30-8:30 a.m. - Men's Bible Study: "How to Study the Bible" began January 18. Location: Bldg 1, Room 13 (enter from the lower parking lot). The curriculum is 6-8 weeks. Contact: Doug Johndrow (252.646.4824). Bring a Friend.
- Second Wednesdays - UMW Circle Meetings ~ Details are on our UMW page.
- Third Wednesdays - 6:30 p.m. - UMM Fellowship meetings. Location: Bldg 1, Room 13 (lower level Education Bldg)
7:30 p.m. - Chancel Choir. Building 1, Room 21 (Music Room)
- Noon - UMM Informal Lunch Gatherings. Email Peanuts@SwansboroUMC.org or call 910.326.7997 for the weekly location.
- 7:30 - 8:30 a.m., February 4 - April 22, 2017 - UMM host a 12 week Bible Study 'Men of Action’. Location: Bldg 1, Room 13 (use lower level parking lot entrance.) More...
- Lord's Ladies Lunch
- UMKids - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. during school year
- Confirmation Class - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. during school year
- UMYF (Junior & Senior) - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- 2nd Sundays - before and after each worship service ~ Food Collection
Visit our Church and Society page for MANNA details.
- 2nd Sundays - UMW Mary Weeks (Creekside) Circle meets at 7 p.m.